2012 Ford Transit Connect - Engine issues

Has no power, 2 and 3 cylinder is only 60 while 1 and 4 are over 100. I have replaced all 4 ignition coils and spark plugs. Help. I need ideas on this issue.

Do you mean 60 psi cranking compression while doing a compression test?? Or is that a 60% in another test you ran using a scanner???

If you are down to 60 psi on 2/3 then you may have blown a head gasket between those cylinders…

More info is needed so we can try to help you…

2 Likes

Engine compression should be measuring at least 160+ psi on all cylinders. New engine, probably in the 180-190 psi range. So 1 and 4 being over 100 could mean those cylinders are shot too. I expect you are looking as your best choice, replacing the engine at this point. Doesn’t need to break the bank, your shop may be able to find a good, used replacement engine from a wreck, at the junkyard. Tune up items like replacing spark plugs and coils won’t help in this situation

1 Like

New engine time. No amount of tune-up parts will make this run better. Might try buying some Restore at the auto parts store and adding it to the oil. Might help, might not. Good Luck

1 Like