An observation regarding onboard MPG readouts

@Triedaq; being he is your son, I am sure he is smarter than that. He was resetting the monitor at the end of the night, and just rolling the car downhill, in your driveway.

We have a 2012 Chevy Equinox V-6, It’s DIC mpg calculations are only off by approx. .1 from my hand calculations, which for my uses is close enough. I’ve been tracking my fillups since we got it in March. We don’t always go to the same brand of station or pump, and sometimes I’ll to the filling while other times the wife will so the amount of each fillup may vary depending on how much extra gas each of us puts in once the the nozzle stops.

@Triedaq; being he is your son, I am sure he is smarter than that. He was resetting the monitor at the end of the night, and just rolling the car downhill, in your driveway.

Actually my son has never been very car savvy. When he got married, his wife owned a 1995 Ford Mustang V-8 with the five speed manual transmission. She developed a back problem and has not been able to drive the Mustang, so my son drove and she drives their minivan. My son really didn’t care about the Mustang and thought they should replace it with a vehicle that both of them could drive. They sold the Mustang and bought 4 cylinder S-10 pickup with automatic. When he told me what they had done, I cried my eyes out for two weeks. He is on a tight budget and has learned to do a few repairs. When one of his vehicles had a sticking brake light switch, he decided that $100 was too high. I suggested that he buy the switch and look at how it was installed. He changed the switch in the Autozone parking lot. The new switch cost him $12. He said it took him half an hour, but said if he ever had to do it again, he could do it in 10 minutes.

I like the old 80’s Cadillac ones that indicate 70 MPG instant reading while going downhill. Great fun. I wonder why it never said 100.