An Elder Needs Design Team

Hey Turbo: You’ll like this:

Now THAT is a great idea.

I have had to hang up the keys until my back issues are resolved (had a spinal fusion at one level a month ago). I recently found out my 78 year old father got a ticket for 25mph in a 15mph school zone, kinda disappoints me that he won’t listen when I point out dangers when we are driving together.

I saw that some time back but had completely forgotten about it. Just as impressive this time around!

Here’s a link to the manufacturer’s web site- http://www.disappearing-car-door.com/

2000 to 2005 Hondas is one that we’ve targeted for its easy doors, ease of steering, and other user-friendly attributes. We found one that was in great shape, but it had a really horrible purple tint on the rear window. Removing it would probably have ruined the rear window defroster. And, my friend didn’t trust the used car dealer.

Still looking, and Hondas are right up there on top of our list.

As for this gear head…I left my Silverado back on the Mtn. and moved to the city so’s to be closer to my medical and legal folks.How does one get around in the city?Well,18 months into Metro’s mass transit,I re-discovered my love of bicycling,as buses and trains easily accomodate one’s wheels.For zippin’ around town I purchased an Electric Scooter very cool and my Carbon Footprint is Nil…While its true I learned to drive on my dads’ knees and have had 53 accident free years in cruisin’ Americas’ hiways and byways…I am finally feeling OK 'bout ‘hanging up my spurs’.Thoughts?

Raven:

Go for it! But don’t be under the false impression that your carbon footprint is nil by using electric vehicles. You have to charge them and the electricity has to come from somewhere - either nuclear or coal, generally, and both of those have their own pollution, not only in the use of the fuel for power, but in the extraction of the fuel from mines.