Am I the only one that does this

Nice move; sticking her arms and head underneath the rotor assembly while that car is teetering on a Mickey Mouse stamped steel jack.

No jack stands, she didn’t loosen the lug nuts before jacking up the car, didn’t clean caliper slides or grease them, sprayed parts cleaner on the outside but none on the inside, didn’t take the cap off the master cylinder or crack the bleeder.
Also, no way is she strong enough to loosen the lug nuts while sitting cross-legged on the ground.
If you smear grease all over the back and sides of the pad like that with your finger ,then handle the pads like that to get them in place you are going to get grease on the pad material and rotor.

Unfortunately that is probably as good a job as you are going to get at a national chain except they will sell you many more parts. What she did is what the used car dealers around here call a “pad slam”.

On a similar note, kids nowadays are more on youtube than the TV and know some “famous” youtubers. Apparently if you are popular and get a lot of hits, you can make a lot of money.

My kids have been asking me to do a few videos on some of the projects I do, mostly car related, like a full, install of in dash nav/rear-view camera or just the regular repairs. The incentive is for them to get invited to events where this popular people go. Me, apparently, have no patience for making videos. The job is done before someone can find the camera :smile:

On the caliper pins, I just wipe them clean, never felt the need to use any tools on them. Then I apply the lubricant. The Toyota pins has some o-ring thingy on them that I had to change because it was all swollen up.

Oldtimer is correct. It could also be noted that when she’s retracting the piston into the caliper she’s putting a serious crimp on the brake hose.

She also has no idea on how to properly use a 4-way and in all seriousness, anyone working on a car with long hair needs to have it tied back or under a cap. Lean over a running engine and next thing you know you’ve got a face full of alternator fan.

The comments under the video on the YT site fall right in line with the video…

She’s lucky that she still has 2 hands instead of a pair of stumps.

True you have to be a little careful and look at more than one video but I really like youtube. Seems like there is a video on most everything. Quick refresher on replacing the cabin air filter? Yep. Want someone to explain the difference between voltage, load, and circutus (sp) battery testing? Yep. Wanna know how to build a table saw sled? Yep. Just lots of information there if you can find it.

One of my favorites was the former Industrial Arts teacher (Jubal Cain I believe) who has videos on most every kind of interesting mechanical subject from foundry to machining. I have watched and learned quite a bit. He even took us on a tour of the Rouge plant and the Studebaker museum. These are subjects I’ve always been interested in but all my jobs provided me with was paper, not machines. Plus most of the people I know have absolutely no idea either on any of these subjects. So if you have a welding question or a cabinet making question, (can’t talk about it here) youtube is a great source.

The same people later made a video on first aid… what to do when a car falls on you. :smiley: