Am I being out of line with Honda?

I agree with OK4450, at 60,000 miles I doubt you will get Honda to fully cover the repair. If the car was say… 5000 miles out of warranty, they would probably cover the repair but if the car has over 60,000 miles you are asking for too much.

If they are willing to split the cost I think you should take them up on the offer.

you know whats funny & i just realized it today? when i brought the car to the dealer up here, he said he could fix it with some sealant & charge me about $200. I told him no, i have been complaining about this for 2 years, i want it fixed correctly. before i picked the car up he called me again to see if i was sure that i didnt want the sealant - again no. i have been using my defrost all week & there has been no leaking. maybe he got a little over zealous & fixed it thinking i would say yes. hhmmm maybe the dealer isn’t so bad but i still cant stand the response i got from the honda customer service people.

Not that it will make you feel any better, but as a former service manager and shop foreman the regional office people have yanked me around repeatedly too, along with flat out lying multiple times.

The dealers get yanked too.