Alternator - options & opinions?

We had an electric motor guy, older than me who could rebuild anything, he was a great assett, starters alternators, milwauke sawsall etc. I think he just did it for the enjoyment of fixing things, not for the money. If he liked you ready in days, if not I heard stories of people waiting months and giving up. He must have liked me. Kind of like in Greece, going to a sandwich shop, this guy had gone there 5 times and never got recognized, he kept trying because he had heard it was the best in Athens. I went there and got a great sandwich no problem, suvlaki made with lamb! Yum. Made curried lamb on basmati rice for dinner last night, yum. Boy is this reminiscient of issues confronting the country today? Now I was never denied service, not saying this guy was a racist as that is not the case, but either he liked you and fixed you up or did not like you and gave you like that guy in the auto insurance commercial with the dollar on the fishing line.

I’ll say something . . .

If I go somewhere and am polite and I get lousy service . . . AKA waiting months for the tool to get repaired, or going to a sandwich shop and everybody else gets served BUT me . . . you can bet I am going to tell EVERYBODY about the lousy service I got

it’s only fair . . . if you give lousy service, you should expect lousy reviews :smirk:

I take FULL advantage of the many small electrical shops round my way… Strange brushes? Check…Voltage regulators? Check… Rebuilding a hard to find alternator on a Sunday morning? Check Check and Double Check.

The cost of doing the job yourself is laughable… I love those little places where I can get the supplies that I need. The only difficult part is making a proper diagnosis of the problem…

Blackbird