AC manifold gauges defective?

Can someone tell me why or if they ever had a problem with the high pressure guage not fitting on their vehicles ? We have tried all 3 of our vehicles I went and bought another guage set and neither fit on the high pressure side and yes we are trying to hook it up on the right one these are not the cheap gauges either they have the quick connects with the pressure valve to open it on top I need help please is there another fitting that goes over the hi pressure side to connect it by the way it is 2 fords and a camaro we tried them on all neither fit any vehicle for the high pressure side

You probably should have started a separate thread for your question but I might ask what brand of gauges you purchased.
They are not Interdynamics are they?

On the question of the HIgh Side Freon being trapped in the hose and venting - I just watched a YT video - where the person left the vehicle running; and closed the High Side Quick Connect valve; and disconnected it from the car. He than opened the High Side Manifold Valve - so the high side pressure was sucked out by the low side - back into the system. The charging hose was not connected to anything - except the holding fitting on the manifold - so it did not leak. After the low side got to its lowest reading - he closed the Low side quick connect valve on the vehicle side. Watching the gage to make sure it is at its lowest setting just as you close it. Closed; disconnect from vehicle. Now, close the two manifold valves; and hook the hoses back to the sides of the Manifold. Only a very small amount of Freon is now trapped in the hoses and manifold gage. Nothing liquid or high pressure. Again - this was all done with the engine running - which allowed the system to draw the High Pressure Freon back.