98 Wrangler 4.0

spend·y
ˈspendē/
adjectiveUSinformal
costing a great deal; expensive.
spending a great deal of money; extravagant.

@‌ JoeMario

Im not even sure there is a second o2 sensor anymore. Im sure there used to be but i hate to admit i havent looked. The code reads Bank 1 so im a little lost on why your pointing me toward rear sensor

@JoeMario‌

Ah, i finished reading your post. Upstream sensor. Copy that, i was just thinking the same this morning, I will be removing the non fouler in minutes

Thanks

@PvtPublic

Thank You. I will be looking into that

straight from the scrabble dictionary?

I wasn t complaining. I actually liked your wording

Merriam-Webster

Examples of SPENDY

don t be obsessy

My son and his jarhead buddies (I use that term with pride and admiration) are really into Wranglers and off-roading. They do lots of mods but they leave the emission controls alone because they drive them on the street. Sorry, but your best bet is to get your exhaust back to something close to what it came with.

The code reads Bank 1 so im a little lost on why your pointing me toward rear sensor
On a straight type engine there is only 1 "bank" of cylinders on V type engines the are 2 "banks". By using the "bank" 1 or 2 and sensor 1 or 2 it narrows down witch sensor circuit is malfunctioning. The OBDII system uses 2 sensors per bank, one before the cat and 1 after the cat. The computer compares the readings between the 2 for catalyst efficiency. Thats why with no cat and possibly no post cat sensor the computer thinks the cat efficiency is low (P0420)

NYBo, is your son a Marine?

Yes, he is.

Give him my sincere and heartfelt thanks for his service to our country.
As a marine, he’s one of our country’s best.