$4,040 Hummer EV Taillight

Batteries in my consumer electronics? Never. I usually “upgrade” after 5-10 years. The normal battery in a car? About once every 4~5 years has been my experience given my driving style and Ohio weather.

And that goes to a post I made(on here or a different one, I can’t remember) about how battery tech is growing and that a person might be able to replace their old batteries with better batteries in the future.

Don’t get me wrong, I totally get what you guys are saying, but it’s just annoying hearing people complaining about cost of replacing something they will probably never have to replace.

In terms of market share, I’d bet that EVs and the high performance variants of sports cars are probably close to each other. I’ve seen at least 2 different modern Shelby cobras, but can’t really tell how many upper end Charger/Challengers/Camaros I’ve probably ran into. Tesla is gaining popularity here where I live, at least one other person where I work owns a white Bolt, whereas I own a red one. Then there’s a red Jeep electric I’ve seen parked at the charging area at work on several occasions.