2020 Nissan Sentra - tough to access the oil pan

It’s now a subsidiary of Hamilton Beach

1 Like

Triedaq was correct about the meaning of what I posted.

1 Like

Paying $800 to paint a room makes me light headed just contemplating it. Of course a hefty bank account might help with the head ache.

1 Like

You comment reminds me of the time, early in my high-tech career, I mentioned to my co-workers one day that all the talk about bits and bytes and current and volts was giving me a big headache, and that it would be a fun break if all of us took an afternoon off to plant a garden out front of the building. And the flowers would make coming to work a more pleasant experience. Their near unanimous reply: “Are you crazy George?” … lol …

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. I have never hired a professional painter, so I have no idea if $800 to paint one room is a typical price, a great deal, or if it’s a major rip-off. I do know that I could prep and paint a room myself for a small fraction of that cost.

1 Like

I wouldn’t know about the hefty bank account. I’m a mechanic!

1 Like

Paint is $40 a gallon these days. $800 not so high.

1 Like

acemaster - is the original poster’s challenge of six bolts and 25 push pins to access a drain plug and filter typical of the undercarriage on most newer vehicles?

1 Like

yes, that would be interesting to hear it from the front lines :slight_smile:

… plus it’s not 25, but 26 clips :slight_smile:

@asemaster ?

Well, we all know you are, but in a good way. I like your idea. If you passed that around the lunch table with some younger colleagues, you might get some takers. The older coworkers might go for it now too.

1 Like

Labor is pretty high too out on the west coast. I needed a quart of water based poly for a wood working project last week and cost me $45. The price of water went up a little or transportation costs, or labor, etc. Fuel is a basic component to all costs. Still I wouldn’t pay someone $800 to paint one room. Around here it would be closer to $400 depending.

1 Like

No I wouldn’t say it’s normal, but it’s also not entirely unusual. We regularly see cars with 10 or more fasteners to remove when doing an oil service.