2019 challenger rt scat pack 1320 air bags did not deploy

Was quoting a post on a Challenger forum but fair point

I donā€™t either. I have always driven older cars with minimal safety features, and realize that luck plays and important part in this. Case in point, I was driving my 1991 Toyota Tercel back in 2004, and a lady driving a Ford Windstar van ran a stop sign and pulled out right into my path. I was going about 55-60 MPH, and the Tercel was completely destroyed on impact, yet somehow I walked away without any injury, and the driver who I hit was seriously injured. The Tercel had a terrible safety rating, even in its day, and no airbags or other protective features. It was considered a death trap, even by 1990ā€™s standards.

Of course, I always wear my seat belt (it was actually two separate seat belts in the Tercel) and that helps improve your odds a lot. Now, I try to be a lot more careful and anticipate people who are going to pull out or left-turn into my path, so I can hit the brake, rather than hitting them. Also, when the light turns green, I always hesitate a little bit, until my peripheral vision sees the oncoming traffic has stopped. Especially since I drive old cars without all the high-tech safety features.

1 Like