2015 Sonata Limited FAILED inspection because ABS light on dash DID NOT illuminate during startup?!

Cross the border into NY and get them to look at it. There is an EPROM in the instrument cluster and since this is the Tech model, maybe it’s not programed correctly. The ABS does work correctly because, pulling the fuse turns on the ABS light showing it recognizes the failure.

At 3 min and 57 seconds into the video the warning lights come on. I don’t see the ABS light. Am I missing something?

Clicking on that video caused my laptop to crash

I won’t be doing that again

:frowning:

Information from the FMVSS in Steve’s link states that manufactures have a choice of displaying the function test when turning the ignition switch to the on position or the start position.

Function check.
(a) All indicators shall be activated as a check function by either:
(1) Automatic activation when the ignition (start) switch is turned to the “on” (“run”)
position when the engine is not running, or when the ignition (“start”) switch is
in a position between “on” (“run”) and “start” that is designated by the
manufacturer as a check position,

However the Quebec inspection procedure states that the function test must be displayed upon engine start up. This is a U.S. spec. vehicle that may not meet Canadian standards.

When comparing this car with other Sonatas be aware that the SE model has a rotary ignition switch and the “run” position cannot be skipped when turning the ignition to the start position.

It sounds like this is a U.S. pec. vehicle that does not even meet U.S. standards.

It’s strange a YouTube video caused you a problem. It worked on my pc and tablet.

@knfenimore

Life is strange, isn’t it?

:cry:

I watched the video a few times with no problem and I also did not see the ABS icon even when hitting pause.

One would think that corporate Hyundai would get involved in this and sort it out with the inspection station in the name of customer relations. If they won’t get involved with something so comparatively minor now imagine what their assistance is going to be like in a year or two if a major problem surfaces.