2013 Infiniti JX35 - The dreaded CVT nightmare

Wondering if anyone has heard of my situation. 2013 JX35, bought in 2015, visited the dealer for maintenance + every year until 2020.

• 2019, it started to jerk occasionally when the rpms hit 3000, like when my old ford truck needed a fuel filter replaced. Finally diagnosed as faulty MAF, that was replaced.
    *2020: Took it to a repair shop, to get the codes read said MAF. I had a mechanic friend check it out and replaced the part but suspected an electrical issue, but we’d see what happened with a new one.
  • 2021: Car went into for an accident and had the whole thing checked over 1st part of 2021, the mechanic said your MAF needs to be replaced. I asked if he was required to check the engine & transmission for the accident, yes transmission was checked out. all ok he said.
    The only thing that ever made a noise on this car was tires, brakes, wheel bearings and the jerking that happened only sometimes. No slipping, it always went into gear, never popped out of gear.
    *September of 2021, we take it in for oil change/all over check up prior to a road trip. We drove it there, no noises, no lights on the dash. Picked it up… it won’t go into gear. (checked fluids all that). Had it towed to the dealer to read the transmission codes. (after researching). I was told nothing will engage you need a new transmission. I suggest since it makes no noise, there were no signs, nothing, it seems like it could be a computer issue. He scolded me that he should know and it’s at least $5600. I haven’t fixed it yet ($$) I start it a few times a week and let it run. The engine light comes on sometimes, not all. (no other lights) The car will go into gear sometimes, but not all. I am taking it to a transmission shop soon, but I’d love to hear other feedback.