2012 Honda Pilot Catalytic Converter

Replacing a single primary cat on either the front or rear bank, the oem part is about $800, and 3 hours labor. The price quote you’ve been given isn’t out of line for a dealership shop hourly labor fee and an oem cat especially if you are located in a high expense area. If I had that problem, and the car was in good condition otherwise (not much rust, transmission ok, routine maintenance always done per schedule) I’d expect it would stay in good working order to 250K. I’d find an independent shop to do the work, that would save on the hourly labor fee, but use an oem cat.

That is the emissions warranty on a new vehicle. I was not aware that this warranty applies to a customer-paid repair. Is this a parts and labor warranty if the installation is performed by the dealer?

Just to add to the mix, when Acura replaces a part in their shop, they give you a lifetime or at least a very long long warranty on that part. I’ve never really had the use for it but that’s part of their pitch. Maybe it’s just if you bought a new car from them, I don’t know. So it wouldn’t surprise me if Honda would do similar. Not wear items like brake pads, but exhaust parts for sure.

Sold my 2010 pilot touring just recently for $10k with 105k. I was told by a Benz salesperson that test drove the car that the catalytic converter needed to be replaced as well as the o2 sensor which was why the power when driving was not optimal.

$10K for a 9 year old Pilot? That seems like it is a pretty good deal for you as the seller.