2012 corolla no ecu after accident

Okay. Making progress. Just got started about an hour ago. Didn’t even dawn on me that with the front impact the column being so thin that a knee could do that much damage to a connector. The connector was completely broken into pieces. See attached. Getting a new ignition switch and will be continuing to update. I get some life back just not all life yet. Also some dipshit decided to weld on the inside of the fire wall and damage some webbing for some wiring so I may have more issues yet to trace down :confused: grrrrr.

Replacing the switch will only replace the male side of the connector. It looks like you need to replace the female side also. You should be able to get a replacement female connector kit from the dealer or get a used one from a salvage yard.

Hopefully that will solve the issues. You should be able to reconnect want you have there to test ignition switch functions. You may also need to get a replacement female connector kit from the dealer or get one from a salvage yard.

Looks like you’ve made big progress there OP. Good for you. Speaking of annoying problems, my Corolla came new from the dealership with a small connector about knee level under the dashboard. I never paid any attention to it, until one day when the car was 3 years old, the Corolla failed to crank. After several hours of diagnosis, starting at the battery and working towards the ignition switch, I discovered that connector was cracked, and that cracked connector was causing the no-crank problem I must have hit it with my knee I guess.

That part is not found in the factory service manual. It turned out it was dealership installed, part of their loss prevention methods, to prevent folks from stealing the cars off their lot. I presume they installed some gadget there on that connector that prevented the car from starting, and the salesmen knew to remove it for test drives.