2011 BMW 335 - Built to last?

A 335 is a nice car, in my opinion better than the 7 series which reminded me of driving a Buick, but it’s 10 years old and there’s a reason why BMW mechanics wear “doctor’s smocks”, they charge about the same.
They’re nice cars but the problem is that BMW’s are “status cars” who’s prices are bid up beyond any rational value by folks who “need” to drive a BMW instead of a similar Honda or Hyundai.

So at 10 years old, like most 10 year old cars, it’s not a “daily driver” unless you have the skills, faciliities and a spare car to do the immediate repairs yourself or the cash to send it to the dealer and get a “free” loaner.

So if I’m thinking about a 10 year old "daily driver’ to impress anyone`, I’d do a lot better looking at a similar performing Honda, Toyota or Hyundai and impressing my “sweety” with an annual trip to the Islands (breakfast in bed, massage and concierge service), spouse or sotherwise, with the money I saved.

2 Likes

A 10 yr old BMW with 135K miles has already lasted. Even a Camry or Corolla with those numbers is going to be crapshoot specially because the owner is selling it. Maybe it is a lot of headache already. But if you are willing to put up with the headache to try and have fun, then try it.