2008 Kia Sportage oil filter is too small

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good one!!

Oh, you weren’t joking? What mpgs do you get?

1 Like

1985 Chevrolet Camaro
8 Cylinder, 5.0 Liter, Automatic 4-spd
Average MPG=17.0, EPA City=14 MPG, EPA Highway=20 MPG, EPA Combined=17 MPG
Number of Vehicles: 3
Average User MPG: 17.0
Range: 14 - 20 MPG
Updated On: 04/20/2018
Average MPG State Driving Conditions Estimate Last Updated
Stop & Go Highway
1 14.0 CA 80% 20% 10/05/2007
2 20.4 WA 90% 10% 09/26/2008
3 18.0 WA 30% 70% 12/09/2007

My Acura gets better mileage than that (19 city, 31 highway) and it’s not even considered fuel efficient.

A Prius, which is considered a “green fuel efficient vehicle” gets 58 city, 53 highway.

Now, I know that Americans aren’t known for being math geniuses, but I’m guessing you can figure out that 58 is more than 14.

1 Like

I’ll just leave these here

Dodge was able to increase the fuel economy of it’s Ram pickup by 65% overall

Honda increased fuel economy of the Accord by about 30%, and made it a much larger car whilst doing so

The Sentra is up 22%

Any other easily disproved BS you care to spew?

3 Likes

It’s not even remotely close

2 Likes

Your Acura doesn’t have a 33 year old V-8 smog motor that wasn’t even designed to be fuel efficient. The Prius is a Hybrid. Your comparing apples and oranges.

Good lord. I’m done with you. Troll.

@cdaquila this person has exposed himself as a troll. May I suggest we close the thread?

1 Like

okay, how about this

The new Camaro (with more than double the HP) gets 3 MPG better around town and whopping 7 MPG better on the highway.

2 Likes

Not sure of the exact sentence - But this comes under the " Don’t confuse me with facts "

Buck Rogers needs to return to space.

1 Like

Agreed. I can’t think of any replies to this insane drivel I can make without getting flagged again.

1 Like

Yes that’s good, but it has a tranny with a lot more gears, 6 or 8 than my old camaro which only has a three speed 700R4 overdrive torque converter. I’m sure if I replaced the new tranny from the new camaro with the old tranny in my camaro, it would get better milage. I wouldn’t call 7MPG a whopping increase.

Just about any car you can buy today is faster than your Camaro. So it’s slow, it pollutes, and it gets the same mpgs as a full size pickup truck. What’s not to like?

1 Like

The TH-700R4 is a 4 speed. But you can’t simply dismiss the gains in economy because of technical advancements. We’re seeing these massive improvements because of new and/or improved technology. And just about any automotive engineer would offer their first-born in exchange for a 7 MPG increase. In the realm of fuel economy, a 7 MPG improvement is mammoth-gaping. We’re taking about a field where even 0.2 MPG is considered a big deal.

1 Like

It took you 4 days to come up with THAT comeback?

Its gonna take you years to figure out how to add a bigger filter to this car!

1 Like

That’s total BULL. No way in hell. Not even close.

1 Like

Yup!
I can guarantee that my 3.6 liter, six cylinder Outback would blow the doors off of that Camaro, and would put a whole lot of daylight between my rear bumper and his front bumper within… seconds. And, my typical around-town mileage is 23-24 mpg. On the highway, 27 mpg is my usual figure, and I was once able to eke-out 29 mpg on a long highway drive.
:thinking:

1 Like

Yeah Right!!! Today’s engines are smaller, cleaner, higher powered and still deliver significantly better mileage. As an example, my 2013 Camry. 3.5L auto trans. Better power (260hp) and better mileage by far (23-25 city, 32-35 hwy) than any of the 1985 Camaro offerings. And the Camry weighs just about the same as an 85 Camaro. Plus it rides, handles better and has much better amenities as a bonus.

The bottom line is. If your such a great automotive engineer go design your own car. Best wishes and good luck.

2 Likes

After great and deep thought and consideration, I have to admit… Buck Rogers has a point… most engineers truly ARE stupid! We go looking for a good job rather than a way to make money!! If we’d had any brains we all would have gone into entertainment. THAT is where the big money is!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry guys, I couldn’t resist.

1 Like

Thanks to shoddy engineering, the auto parts retailers revenues and stock prices have soared. Have you seen the current stock price of Autozone,$647.87 O’Reilly’s, Pepboys, Advance auto parts? Thank you. I hope all you smart engineers have them in your stock portfolios. Nippon-Denso/Nippon Do-Do!!!

Sorry the 700R4 is a three speed with a lock-up converter.