2008 Chevrolet HHR - hot sauce in the gas tank

ok4450, thank you for your reply. We did not SEE it being done, just walked out to take my son to school in the early morning and found the vandalism.

Iā€™ve been around the automotive world for a long, long time and I have to say this is the first time Iā€™ve ever heard of hot sauce being used. Itā€™s generally sand, sugar, etc.

I would also strongly suspect that whoever did this is someone you know; either well or indirectly.
They may be upset over some (what they feel) perceived slight. You refer to a designated parking spot on private property. Maybe someone feels that you do not deserve that space for some reason and was hoping the hot sauce could lead to your vehicle being hauled off on a tow truck.

Offhand, I donā€™t think you will have a problem with the hot sauce as it would be heavily diluted with gasoline and any particles would likely be caught in the fuel filter. Took a real weirdoh to pull this stunt.

If it were me, I would drain the tank before starting the engine. Just because you saw some residue at the neck who knows what else might have been dumped in there. At least draining the tank before starting the engine would stop anything from being sucked into the system. As always just my opinion.

1 Like