2006 Subaru Outback slow oil leak

Thanks. I did not drive it for 3 months and saved up money and got it fixed. Funny thing is when I come up and idle at a stop light, I still smell oil coming out of heating vent. Could this be the old oil that pooled in there from old gasket seal leaks or are they leaking again heaven forbid. I will have to get it checked most likely but am driving it for now. Will I just be loving this lemon forever or will I just let it go? We shall see. I did have engine light go on for a while. It turned out to be part of the emissions system, a leak, a part I think they knocked off earlier when engine was removed for head gasket seal replacement. I’m learning. Peggy in Oregon.

If you can do without it for 3 months then why do you even have it?

Yes, definitely possible. It takes some time for this sort of odor to clear once the oil leak is stopped. Only an actual mechanics inspection can tell you if there still a remaining oil leak of course. On a 12 year old vehicle anything’s possible.

I guess one of us are poor and have to save up money for car repairs. I can’t rely on others for my transportation forever. Besides I’m 69 and can’t just sit around with no life goals! You might want to think before you post unthinking comments. I’m a woman and I have a brain. I ve worked on cars for 40 years but now can’t. I’m on a fixed low income. Now that it’s raining hard in Oregon, it nice to have my car back. It’s nice to actually be in ones shoes before you decide on some things that make little sense.

2 Likes