2005 Jeep Liberty will only start with three spark plugs

It’s weird that would come up for an 05 Liberty . Underneath the picture it says it fits small block & big block Chevy’s .

I’ve seen this misguided part application on a number of AutoZone parts.
One might do a search for a timing belt for say a Mitsubishi of some sort and there may be a SBC timing chain set listed also.

I’ve also seen more than a few misguided applications on eBay parts. Once I saw a listing that said a certain distributor fits my Lincoln Mark. That’s impossible because all of the Mark VIIIs are coil pack or COP depending on year. None had distributors as that ended in 1992 with the Mark VIIs.

Your eyes are misleading you @GeorgeSanJose .

That is for the vacuum advance. The red in the canter is the cap over the vacuum port… for shipment. You are just not used to looking at a new shiny one, and at that angle.

I double checked and I did fill in the car info correct. So it an error on “AdvanvedAuto’s” site.

Like others said I too have seen the wrong item come up.

Yosemite

I have also looked at several different sites when shopping for parts & have the totally wrong part come up . It’s not all that uncommon & I’m sure very frustrating for someone that orders the part & receives the wrong one .

I’ve always wondered. Maybe they just pick a good picture of a distributor and post it for each make and model.
Even when I go to my parts store, I take the old part along if possible.

Yosemite

Since you mentioned it , I have seen what they call stock photos & say the picture may not look like the actual part .

I’ve seen this “wrong part for the vehicle” even on All Data . It seems to occur when there’s a single database they’ve entered for all versions of the same vehicle family. Like for certain trucks, the bigger versions use king-pins , but the smaller ones don’t. But if you enter the site saying you want info about the smaller truck, it will list king pin on the parts list, & refer to the king pin on info about the suspension and steering systems.

I guess it’s just overly complicated to have a separate parts list for each version of the vehicle, so we have the resulting parts ambiguity. It’s a very good point though, I’ve had this problem occur to me where I went to the parts store and ended up with the wrong part due to this problem, and had to return it to the parts store, wasting 3 or 4 hours of my time.