2000 olds intrigue overheating

Done most of all of the overheating fixes on this and other websites, trying to fix this 2000 olds intrique, demon motor 3.5 liter 3/4 of a northstar. new water pump, NO thermostate in system, (thermostates just make things worse) new radiator. After a few minutes from a cold start water is bubbling in and out of the reservoir and out the overflow tube. Then i stick a solid metal piece in the overflow tube and hose clamp it down tight. This blew up the radiator that was plastic on the drivers side by the hose male piece. Is this the head gasket or crossover tube gaskets on drivers side letting exhaust into the coolant system>?. stopping up the overflow tube blew up the radiator which is why i have a new one now. New radiator is holding (its metal on drivers side) and now am blowing up heavy duty radiator hoses, no thermostate, with a thermostate the hose on top blows fast along with the closed off reservoir tube. When the hoses are new the water goes away motor gets hot, cannot see where the water is going so i am thinking into the engine somewhere. When reservoir overflow tube is not closed off the water bubbles out very fast and is lost out the overflow tube of reservoir tank. When overflow is closed off with a piece of solid metal tube and hose clamp the radiator hoses swell up big time and water goes somewhere but do not see where. NO WHITE SMOKE… When the overflow tube is closed of water goes somewhere but no where i can see. What is the 130k mile demoned 3.5 liter 3/4 of a northstar 2000 intrique oldsmobile doing and what should i do beside take it to the ranch for target practice. thanks for some words. used all the over $100 special two part sauce flexible gasket fixes out there, no workie. What now?, please mr. wizard. thank you. DeWitt

also put the back flush t on the heater hose into the core to blow water through the engine when cold. car is up on the curb to get the angle i have heard is needed to clear any air pockets. one test put a pin hole in the reservoir overflow pipe when closed off and the mist/steam at the top right near the hose attachment male piece under the reservoir cap. does have that exhaust smell. there has NEVER been white smoke from exhaust pipe.OR any creamy oil, still wondering where the pressure is coming from. what motor gasket(s) should i replace? would like to just make it another couple months. but putting three gallons a day of water in the demon machine is getting tiresome. thank you mr.wizard. wherever you are. DeWitt.

@dewitt You have a bad head gasket.

There are tools to check and see if combustion gasses are getting into the cooling systems. Here’s the deal every one has to eat . Why does every one feel entitled to free technical knowledge. It would be different if you are capable of popping the good and having at fixing it . And done . But when these basic questions are asked you got as much business doing this as I do working as a butcher. Let the tradesman make a living . This is picking the pocket of the professional tech ,that has the tools and the knowledge . When I say tools I mean the money a nice house cost . I know I asked a Dr my wrist hurts when I do this ; what do you think . His answer was don’t do that . Not a dissertation of every possible cenario of what it could be . Pay a pro so they can come to your work,company or business and spend money . If your broke barter .

You’re responding to a 3 year old discussion

The OP probably doesn’t even have the car anymore

That is undoubtedly true, but I am still fascinated by the concept of “popping the good”.
I guess that is better than popping the bad…
:wink: