1999 RAV4 -- can it live forever?

“Why do automakers take a good thing and then feel they have to make it BIGGER?”

My 1981 Accord was a little cutie, not like the bloated ones of today:

"Why do automakers take a good thing and then feel they have to make it BIGGER?"
It’s all about car sales and niches. People think bigger means you are getting more for your money. Given the size of the butts cars have to carry around these days, it’s no wonder. I doubt the average Accord owner of today could fit comfortably in “circuitsmith’s” little cutie

“Why do automakers take a good thing and then feel they have to make it BIGGER?”

This is nothing new. This has been going on for at least 40 years. Bigger car = higher prices = higher profit.

You can stiil buy a nice, compact Accord; its called a Civic!!! And a nice compact Camry is called a Corolla. I remember when the Mercury Comet in the sixties was lengthened and Ford advertized it asthe biggest compact. The Dodge minivan is nowthe biggest minivan`.

“minivan”; there is another misnomer !

What a PURDY Civic man… I sure do miss that generation of Honda’s…They were so well made and FUN FUN FUN to zip around in… My girl had an 83 Accord, I will never forget that car Same color I think also…

Blackbird