1998 gmc Sonoma brake lights

Put the dash board back in and test for power going into and out of the multi-function switch on the appropriate circuits shown in the wiring diagram.

See the schematic. The multifunction switch is more than likely your problem.

Well, thanks again to @knfenimore for providing the data to look at for this problem.

The data shows that the two brake lights are tied to the UBEC panel under the hood, which goes to a 10 amp fuse in the panel that passes power that comes from the hazard/turn signal switch. You have proved power is passing the brake switch so I suggest you check that fuse under the hood to make sure it is good and passing power when the pedal is pressed. If you don’t get power to the fuse then you should check the hazard switch contacts for a problem.

Well its a brand new brake switch but power is going in but not out idk

If there was no output from the brake light switch on the white wire the center brake light wouldn’t work. I think there is something wrong with your test light or volt meter that is confusing you.

Try finding a different ground when you test the brake lights. I think you may have had a good ground for testing the center light, but not the lights at the fender.

Yosemite