1996 S10 2.2 liter; cylinder 1 miss fire

If the engine is idling rough try wiggling the injector connector, tapping on the injector, etc. and if that makes any differernce by smoothing it out.

You can also use the handle of a long screwdriver as a stethoscope to listen to the injector as the engine runs. You should hear a faint clicking sound from it.

The schematic shows the injectors have a common power source and each has its own driver in the ECM. No clicking could mean a faulty injector, bad connector, wire fault between injector and ECM, or a bad ECM. Gut feeling might be an iffy injector or wire connector at the injector.

@wheeler31 Do you have access to a scanner (not a simple code reader), a fuel pressure gauge and this?

http://www.mechanicstoolsupply.com/Fuel-Injection-Pulse-Tester-3398_p_19332.html

If you do, then you could quickly determine if all of the injectors are contributing their fair share.

In any case, you can check if all of the injectors have the same resistance.

While #1 is missing, you could disconnect that injector to see if the idle changes. But it’s possible that the PCM will try to compensate for this by raising the idle speed.

Does your fuel rail have a test port?

Let me know what your tool situation is.

I may at my local parts store(tool loan). I’m not sure if there is, I will haved to check once I get out of work.

Knock on wood, my truck has ran well the last two days. I took some advice from my boss and used high octane(93) fuel and drove it around a bit. I did this after replacing the fuel filter, there was not much gas in there at that time. It’s been about a week and a half of running 93 octane. Could that have maybe freed up a gummed fuel injector? I didn’t drive it around much all summer, I prefer a two-wheeled beast. Maybe sitting around was bad for it? I understand gas shelf life is somewhere around 30 days. Just a theory, any thoughts?