1979 f150 2wd to 4wd using 1978 4wd parts

let me assure u that it was not imitation I rember when I was five. I had the tools to do the job and I had the know how and I did it. heck In was even driving tractors by myself and I don’t mean new ones I meanlate 1940s to 1970s model tractors. I was haulin wood,haulin hay up through the fields,and workin up the fields and the garden. and I even helped restore several tractors. so don’t tell me that I didn’t do it or was imitating my grandfather or uncle who taught me everything I know.

and fabrication would be no problem for me I was one of the top welders ing my highschool and that was just freshman year I whent in ag again the next year and was just as good then.

I sill say BS. Because if you did all of this you would not have had to ask this question. I did all of things you claim to have done. At 16 I was on my third car. First was 1961 ford 4dr next was a 1966 dart with 225 supper 6 factory 4 barrel carb. I took out the 170 slant 6 and put the 225 in. For my 16 birthday I bought a 1971 Lemans. In high school I did not need to take welding I already could weld. My uncle was a pipe line welder. I learned from him. I stared working on a farm (for pay) at 13. At 14 I was running the crew. I also raced a 250 honda on the ice from 14 till I was 16. At this age I would have never asked this question. I new the answer. My Dad,uncle’s and Granddads were all welders and mechanics.

I am now speaking for somebody else. My sister has taught children from two years old to twelve years old for the last ten years, and she doesn’t believe a three year old or even a five year old can tackle such projects due to the complexity of the project and the physicality required to do such work (the bit about tearing down/rebuilding/restoring tractors). I can believe you were there and maybe turned some wrenches on the stuff, but that is quite different from, say, taking a small engine that runs poorly, disassembling it, inspecting parts, replacing worn components, reassembling it, and having a good running engine in the end. In other words, tearing it down and rebuilding it. Driving trucks and tractors at a young age is not too remarkable. I have known plenty of farm-raised kids who could drive cars, trucks, and tractors by age eight. I am also with the others on the board who say it brings into question many claims you have made when you have to ask if two trucks with the same body style, same frame, and same underpinnings will have decent interchange.

By the way, how was the mud bogging? It’s been more than two weeks. Did you swap the cabs, fab the 4X4 mounts to the 2WD frame, or trailer the salvage titled 4X4 to the fair?

Yes lets see some pic’s