1952 Mercury Blower Motor Wiring

I wouldn’t use a battery charger, their output as a DC supply can be pretty bad, and way over voltage. A 6 volt lantern battery for a few dollars is a better choice.

Positive ground isn’t that confusing. You just have to remember that the headlights will no longer emit light, instead they suck in darkness.

3 Likes

@keith. Also, one could plug in one of those little heaters that plug into the cigarette lighte. On a positive ground car you would have instant air conditioning. There was an article in rhe April 1956 issue of Popular Electronics on “contrapolar” electrical power. It pictured a power converter that plugged into an AC outlet. A soldering iron was plugged into the device and ice formed on the soldering iron. A desk lamp plugged into the converter absorbed the surrounding light. At the end of the article, the reader was reminded that this was the April issue and the article was in the spirit of April 1.

I actually once converted a pos ground 6v car into neg ground.

Very easy, just jumper the battery backwards. The generator gets repolarized, the radio (vibrator type) ran fine, the ignition worked. If I had been smart enough to reverse the battery terminals, I would have been fine.

(1969 MG1100)