16 but car for under $16,000

Actually, it’s '73-'83 (I have a '83).

I will get something a little newer for my kids, probably a AWD E320 or C-class; safer, easier to drive in traffic, and I won’t feel as bad if they wreck a newer car.

personally i would not spend 16,000 dollars on a car for a 16 year old in experienced driver. i would stick to a reliable older vehicle under 5.000 dollars car or truck im a truck person myself. but with his aforementioned inexperince if you live somewhere with slick roads in the winter i would probably stick with a front wheel drive car. having said that i spent alot of winters driving my old 2wd trucks wherever i wanted when i was 16 w/o much trouble.

I was reading the hard copy.

should i let him drive my f-250 diesel?

Yup, that sounds like the perfect car.

how about a van?

Very funny, Craig.

How about something from a company named Schwinn?

“how about a van?”

Only if it has a waterbed in the back,that’s the perfect vehicle for a 16 year old.

must you always make smart remarks? i look for usefull info. (that is why i rarely look at your remarks) LOL!!!

“must you always make smart remarks?”

Yup, that’s my primary function here. Somebody has to do it.

Get a car which you don’t mind if it gets a few dings and scraps. It’s guaranteed that those will, “Just happen. I didn’t do it.”

85 ford ltd good engine 3.8 v6 mid size car worked for me

Not that CR knows everything, but it’s worthwhile noting that they recomend buying as new as you can afford to take advantage of later mandated safty features. A case can be made for a new Focus,Fusion or Accord w/ airbags is much safer than an old Benz or Volvo…handling included esp.

Not that CR knows everything, but it’s worthwhile noting that they recomend buying as new as you can afford to take advantage of later mandated safty features. A case can be made for a new Focus,Fusion or Accord w/ airbags is much safer than an old Benz or Volvo…handling included esp.

I’m more fond of bmX

a bicycle an he can save a whole lot of gas money.