'12 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited - Should I invest in these repairs?

Other than needing a replacement knuckle, the repairs needed and their cost (presuming that’s P & L) seem within reason. I’m presuming this car was driven fairly aggressively for all of its 130k+ miles, w/ some deferred maintenance issues. Rapid starts, rapid stops, high speed cornering, potholes at speed etc. I’m guessing the knuckle problem is caused by caliper fasteners coming loose, the resultant play eventually damaging the knuckle.

If all that was needed was the suspension, hub, and axle stuff, I’d say go for it. But the most concerning problem is the transmission. I suggest to focus on that problem first. B/c if it can’t be solved, no sense spending money on the other stuff.

1 Like

Impreza Sport is not a high performance car, just a high performance name. The WRX, on the other hand…

Is that what causes suspension parts to rust?

There has to be an explanation for all of these problems beyond just rust. The first 10 years for my truck was in rust-prone winter road-salt area, body rust issues, yes, but none of these suspension and hub problems.

I suspect the pinch bolt for the ball joint broke off in the steering knuckle, now the estimate must be revised to include the steering knuckle and wheel bearing.