Who's the Ugliest of Them All?

Nissan Cube. hands down, I didn’t even have to ponder this.

Without a doubt the Hyundai Volastar. It’s so bad, I don’t even know, or want to know, if I spelled it correctly.

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/2013/veloster/?

There are so many that could qualify but I’ll stick to one that is still in production. There are a bunch of cars whose designers used a box for inspiration; the Honda Element, Scion xB, Kia Soul. I think the most hideous of these is the Nissan Cube. The designers should have taken another shot of Jolt Cola, or whatever they have in Japan, to lend energy to their efforts.

My Honda Element - great car

Currently, the Chevy Spark is the ugliest thing I’ve seen in a while. Bad lines, bad proportions and overall one of the scariest things I’ve seen come out of GM since the Aztec. I literally saw one for the first time while on a business trip and had to stop and look at it…twice, just in case I was being too harsh in my initial judgement.

Any of the Tata cars, especially the Magic Chop. It looks like a mean, alien bug/insect. It’s not only ugly, it’s SCARY as HELL!!!

By far the Ford Flex. A rolling rectangle with side grooves. More appropriate name: the Ford Fugly. Has Chrysler K-Car written all over it.

Any of the Tata cars, especially the Magic Chop. It looks like a mean, alien bug/insect. It’s not only ugly, it’s SCARY as HELL!!!

Nissan Juke. Traffic-stopping ugly. I think Nissan takes the cake for most ugly cars in production. Their NV Passenger van is another top contender.

My vote is for the Mitsubishi i MiEV. It looks like it ran into something and the front end got pushed in under the front seats.

The Nissan Cube. Looks like it came from the childrens cartoon “Wow wow wubzy”

The Nissan Juke, BY FAR, is the ugliest thing I see on the road these days. Every time I see one I can’t help but think “what the HELL were these people thinking when they designed this deformed monstrosity!?”

It appears that the Nissan Juke/Joke is winning (or, is that losing?) by a large margin!

The Toyota Prius. It’s shape is ungangely ugly and now just screams “I’m Politically Correct Green!”.

I have seen some UGLY cars while living abroad. Too bad this one won’t count - even though I still see them around. Fiat - Multipla

So I guess I would have to nominate the Nissan Cube.

Prius V - makes you forget the first gen, who’s designers appeared to have dropped dead from embarrassment after roughing out a shape inspired by a VW Beetle.

I’m gonna vote for the Nissan Juke. It looks like they couldn’t agree on where to put the lights.

Has anyone mentioned the Porsche Panamera? In my opinion it is the ugliest thing on the road.

When I first saw the Panamera, I thought that it was oddly-proportioned and unattractive.
However, they are becoming so numerous in my area that it is not unusual to see two or three different ones daily.

And…you know what? The design does grow on you after awhile, to the point where they no longer look odd.

Cadillac sedans: ATS, CTS, XTS. They look like they’re trying to be stealth tanks. Square corners went out with K-Cars. It’s the kind of design a kid makes with cardboard and duct tape. Of course, a lot of big egos are doing backflips in their brains to feel superior for dropping 40K on a “statement”. You’ll see them at the MOMA dropping 100-grand on a piece of junk because it’s “art”.