What's Your Favorite Bumpersticker?

Seen years ago in Kansas City: “I’m Hung Like Einstein And Smart As A Horse”.

Decades ago I was timing my way up a hill on Dolores Street in San Francisco in my 6 volt Beetle. At the top of the hill was a brand new Jaguar coupe. I was stunned to see this new beauty had a bumper sticker. I sped up to view it, knowing I would have to use my clutch more at the top of the hill’s stop sign to read the bumper sticker. As I closed in I could read, “Driven to Work”. I laughed and still laugh 20 years later.

i never really understood this one until i became a mom: “insanity is hereditary – you get it from your kids!”

(written in elaborate olde English lettering:) Eschew obfuscation

“The more I know about women, the better I like my truck”

Jesus is coming. Look busy.

"I’m Not Slow, You’re Impatient"
Seen on the Illinois Tollway in the late 1980s. I’ve always wanted one on my car.

“Beam me up, Scotty. There’s no intelligent life down here.”

Port Townsend, WA

We are all here because we are not all there!

I Found it!! And now my finger stinks (1970’s era)

Those who wander aren’t necessarily lost

“Homer, Alaska: A quaint little drinking town with a fishing problem”

seen in Texas - “My state is bigger than your’s”

“Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most”

on my hippie cousin’s Ford Edsel in '68, two presidential campaign stickers cut up to read - “HUMP HUMPHREY”

a sort of anti-piano sticker - “Subvert The Dominant Paradigm: Play An Accordion”

My Mother was the travel agent for guilt trips

“Thank you for not reading this bumper sticker”

bumper sticker in Costco parking lot: Not so lean, not so mean, but still a Marine

We had a bumper sticker on the old Dodge that my parents owned when I was in high school and was the car I drove most of the time that read: “Don’t Laugh. It’s Paid For”.