Welcome to the Car Talk Community

I can now. Apparently, the issue related to using my work computer at home. Must be some security thing since I can’t see anything other than what I described, but now I can see everything with my home computer.

Is there an smartphone app for cartalk? I see some on Google play, but they don’t relate to this site.

I use html, pretty simple for picture links.
img src = “link” with a < at the beginning and a > at the end The quotes are needed. if you right click on an image and copy address or open in new window you can get the link address

My apologies, but I need help.
I don’t know how to post my questions. Please assist me.

On the “home” screen, look for a little gray-colored box at the upper right of the screen, labeled “New Topic +”.
Click on that box, and then you can start a new thread with your question(s).

3 Likes

Where is the Puzzler answer?

A post was split to a new topic: 2010 Nissan Altima left running

How do I stop a thread - or delete it. I posted a question - there has been some discussion - I don’t want to rudely sign off and stop receiving comments…

1 Like

Just stop replying when you’re done. Deleting the thread would be the rude move because then others could not come along and benefit from the answers you were given.

@whereisthebus, if you go into the thread and scroll to the bottom you can click on the button that says “tracking” and it reveals some options. Click Muted, and you’ll no longer get updated on the comments in the thread in question.

1 Like

I am quite accustomed to being ignored, @Whereisthebus . Doing so makes me feel right at home so just ignore away with guiltless abandon.

I am reviving this old post because I am suddenly unable to create a new topic. For two days I had no create topic button with Chrome or Safari, but had one with Firefox. I could not create a new topic with Firefox buy the chose a category topics would not respond and though I could type in a post, when I dried to post it ,it woild take me back to choose a category.
Is anyone else having this problem?

A post was split to a new topic: Honda failing smog test

so I want to post a question about my car how do I do that??

1 Like

Main community page , click on new topics .

Good morning Barkydog,
This reminds me of the radio show only better. “Don’t drive like my brother”. :slight_smile:
Glad I found Cartalk.
cheers.

Why do the puzzlers come in the “3rd” half of the show"? Just exactly how many 1/2 are there in your shows cause I think I’m cheated out of a whole lot more of your witty banter. Or do I just not understand how fractions work😉

Clearly you’ve never read the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy 5-book trilogy. :wink:

2 Likes

The answer is 42. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Don’t you mean 6 book? :sunglasses:
1 - The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
2 - The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
3 - Life, the Universe and Everything
4 - So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
5 - Mostly Harmless
6 - And Another Thing…