Steep Driveway

Keeping the car garaged is definately better for it than leaving it out… obviously

I agree with tardis…

Practice. It has nothing to do with your small engine, the problem is the manual transmission in this case is difficult to drive.

When you get partially up give lots more fuel, remember the clutch at the top disengages the whole thing and the car does not go.

WHAT THE?!?! I was an engineer in my former life. NO WAY that’s code. Call your contractor and have them fix that.

I guess there’s nothing in the building code on that…When we built our house some 15+ years ago…it was originally designed with the garage under the family room. With this design the house had to sit no closer then 150’ from the road…which made for a huge front lawn, but an almost non-existent back-lawn. The house couldn’t be closer because the building code didn’t allow a steeper driveway. So instead we added an attached garage on the other side and then we could position the house anywhere we wanted.

I believe the Fit has a towing hook in the front bumper (pg.227 in my 2007 owner’s manual). You could get a winch motor installed in your garage, connect the hooks at the driveway’s base and away you go.

New transmission: $894
Warn 7500 winch from Quadratec: $289.
I vote winch.