Spark plug blew out and destroyed engine

@db4690, it is not OK to use inserts that will blow out quickly just to make a quick sale. Maybe the less expensive ones don’t last as long as the timesert and you exaggerated the short lifetime, but someone is likely to go go along with using inferior products based on your post. I’m sure you didn’t mean it that way, but it comes across as if you think inferior products are OK if you want to make a quick buck.

I’m not promoting Lisle inserts

I am merely stating the facts as I see them . . . they work, but not for very long

If you think that means I’m advising somebody to do a lousy repair, then perhaps you are viewing things very pessimistically

It’s usually me who’s guilty of that

Let me say something else . . .

I used a Lisle insert ONCE . . . I followed the instructions perfectly, and the plug and insert blew out a few months later

I also saw the same thing happen to others

I am NOT exaggerating the short lifetime of the product

But as we’ve mentioned before, we all have different experiences. There may be somebody out there who’s been running Lisle inserts for years and 100K with no problems . . . but that’s not been MY experience

Let me be crystal clear now

IN MY EXPERIENCE LISLE INSERTS ONLY LAST A FEW MONTHS, BEFORE BLOWING OUT, TAKING THE COIL WITH THEM. IF YOU WANT TO USE THEM, I WOULDN’T COUNT ON A LONG-LASTING REPAIR, AND THE RISK IS MUCH GREATER, VERSUS A TIME-SERT, FOR EXAMPLE

Now I will say something else . . . Lisle is a legitimate company, not some fly-by-night outfit. They make inserts that are supposed to work for that Triton 2V application. I don’t care for them much myself. Yes, I feel their inserts are inferior, versus Time-Sert, but that doesn’t mean I feel all of the Lisle’s products are inferior.

anybody reading this will have to make their own decisions

And they can form their own opinions about me and @jtsanders

If somebody reading this concludes that I am an individual recommending shady, inferior, temporary, incomplete, etc. repairs, then you are free to do so

After all, everybody is entitled to their own opinion

BTW . . .

I am through with this particular discussion, because I’m no longer enjoying it

I’ve said my piece, responded as needed, and have nothing more to add

Don’t let me spoil it for anybody else :tongue:

2 Likes