Pedestrian recognition

Yeah, the bombing was Dec 18 to Dec 29, 1972. The armistice, which was almost totally ignored by the north, was signed in (I think April) 1973, and Saigon was evacuated when South Viet Nam was overrun by the north in April, 1975. I saw recently an estimate that 130,000 South Vietnamese were evacuated. Many more tried but were butchered. I still remember clearly that famous photo of the chopper taking off from the embassy roof with South Vietnamese hanging on for their lives like stalactites from the chopper skids. They knew they’d be butchered if they didn’t make it out.

For those of us that served, that damned war will stay with us forever.

If a person is walking in a cross walk, that is recognized as a ‘pedestrian’. If you knock himer off hiser feet and leave himer sprawling down the road, that is recognized as ‘road kill’

No. researcher, that’s known as a “felony”.

Yeah, striking a pedestrian IN the crosswalk is like hunting out of season :wink:

All jokes aside, here in the St. Louis area there has been a recent spate of hit and run incidents. Most have been in broad daylight and many of the victims are children. When the drivers are tracked down most of them, not surprisingly, were texting and/or talking on a cell phone and/or drunk and/or high on drugs.

don t go all soft now marnet…

crap you can t even make fun of running over innocent people without someone getting offended these days…

you should try driving thru a high school these days, the kids don t even look. I expect to see a deadly accident every time I pick my daughter up. there was actually a fatality there last year.

when I was a kid we made a point of not getting run over. we even yelled CAR when our friends were about to get run over. but we actually played outside back then

In Prague we were warned that the drivers will not stop for pedestrians-period. We were trying to cross the street to go to the Radio Free Europe building and had to run for our lives. It seemed that the folks were trying to hit us. Maybe they weren’t but it sure seemed like it. We are very respectful of pedestrians here.