My 2011 Subaru has bald front tires - why?

There just about has to be some story missing in regards to this problem. It’s stated that the tires were rotated on schedule and that likely means one rotation; which means the current bald front tires are from the rear.
The rear tires which are from the front are described as fine.

This can only mean that if there is an alignment issue which chewed up 2 tires very quickly there would have to be a sudden reason for it and which happened after the tire rotation; curb strike, large pothole, etc. That should show up in the wear pattern.

If both fronts are uniformly bald then the issue of driving habits arise…

@fattrap Subaru actually makes a car that is an absolute hoot called the Subaru BRZ since last year maybe. It is RWD and 2700 lbs which is a rare combination these days. Incredible handler and blast to drift, I was so lucky to borrow friends and use a closed ski area parking lot to try it out where he works.

The BRZ isn’t a true Subaru. They provide the engine for it but the rest of the car I believe is made by Toyota. Scion has their FR-S version of it also.

@VDCdriver A Subie may be AWD with a 50/50 torque split but it still carries more weight on the front axle than the rear (split is about 56/44 front/rear) and as such the front tires still do more work than the rears and will wear faster.

The BRZ is quite a Toyota/Subaru mix, and it’s assembled by Subaru. More info here:

Mustangman–Then why have the tires on all of my Subarus wound up with wear patterns that are incredibly even from front to back & from side to side?

Clearly, a major part of that even wear pattern is because I rotate them as per spec., and as I indicated in my reply to the OP, even if she was charged for rotation, I don’t believe that her tires were rotated. If somebody has drastically different wear patterns on any car, be it FWD, AWD, or RWD, the reasons for those different wear patterns include lack of rotation, among other things.

a bent tierod on 1 tire can make the car veer to one side so the driver overcorrects. now both front tires are no longer in spec and both can wear oddly.