Leaking Transmission Fluid

While I agree that the transmissions may not be chronically prone to problems any transmission is subject to a problem at any time. This occurs with every vehicle that has ever been manufactured since the wheel was invented.
X number of them will develop a problem and this is true of any assembly line item no matter if it’s a car or a pop-up toaster.

It’s even possible that since the car is turbocharged the problem could have been caused by the previous owner; lead foot disease.
Some cars are driven more aggressively than others and this often translates to more problems.

If there has been a warranty issue with the transmission in the past you might be able to verify this by contactnng the regional office for Volvo. Any warrantable repair that may have been performed should be on file.
With 4 damaged subframe bolts that theory is what I would be leaning towards.

That is probably a better idea, to contact the regional office, rather than track down the previous owner.

I took the car out on the open highway and played with it a little today…the transmission shifts up (it makes that higher pitched noise)…and it accelerates…but it is just slower…it just doesn’t have the kick it used to have.

Thanks again for your help!

Are you sure your “turbo” didn’t kick in? Or is it possible your transmission didn’t downshift into passing gear when you tried to accelerate.

The turbo is unrelated to the work you’ve discussed. The transmission not going into “passing gear” could easily be the result of something not correctly reassembled after the transmission was reinstalled.

Hmmmmm…I guess I will just ask them to take it out for a drive and see what they say…

I wouldn’t describe it as “downshifting”…when I step on the accelerator it makes a higher pitched sound, and accelerates gradually.
Thanks!