Fluid for Jeep Transfer Case

We have kept up with the regualr maintenance and the jeep runs well. The automatic climate control has been a nightmare. We have replaced the blend doors twice, we have replaced the control module and about every part on the hvac system. No matter what temperature we set the control at, the passanger side blows only cold air. Sometimes the driver’s side blows cold air, sometimes it blows air the correct temperature, other times it blows blistering hot air. We have spent well over $1,000 trying to fix the problem. The dealer here says it’s unfixable and won’t work on it any longer. We’re afraid to have the mode doors replaced somewhere else in case we’re just flushing good money after bad.

http://www.heatertreater.net/ Check out the HeaterTreater repair for your blend doors it could be your answer and its cheaper than tearing the whole dash out again.

KarenB,
An easy fix for your heater problem is to get the kit at www.heatertreater.net. All it takes is a Dremel tool and about 1hr. of your time. It will out last your jeep. If you get the kit for $120.00 you don’t have dual zone control. You set your temp on the driver’s side and it controls both sides. The good part is no dash removal, just drop the glovebox. There is installation videos on their website. Good luck!

I can tell you that the dealer is yanking your chain. Dexron III trans fluid is available in any half-decent auto parts store.

You can buy Dexron III at K-Mart…WallMart…Target…That’s equivalent or BETTER then what you can buy at the Jeep dealer.

I think I may have a reason why your independent garage cannot get the transfer case fluid.

I need some too, and went to 3 different dealers this week and they all were out of it. They all told me that it (the NV247 fluid) is on nation-wide back order and won’t be available until sometime in April.