Crankshaft Position Sensor? 2005 Kia Sorento

So the check engine light came on right after a timing belt change. I was told that the light codes either the crankshaft position sensor or the camshaft position sensor. Being that I recently had issues and had to replace the crank gear, it seems to be the former. Are there any other possible causes? I am pretty sure that the engine light was not on prior to changing the crank gear or timing belt.

One more thing…I just unhooked the battery (for about 20 min), and when I first start it up, the engine light is out. However, if I turn it off and restart it the light comes back on. I did this twice with the same result.

Thanks!

Posting the actual code (format: P1234) would be particularly helpful. There are lots of codes having to do w/ these. None of them point at parts - they point at signal anomalies in circuits. So don’t assume that you need either one of these sensors.

Just as a starter guess though, perhaps it was something in the range of P0016-P0019 - which refers to the cam/crank signal correlation? This could very well indicate that the timing belt installation didn’t go that well. How is the car running?

Sorry about not posting the code…I will try to get that tomorrow. The car seems to be running fine. It seems to be idling a little rough (v. slight vibration).