Car stalling while driving

so my car keeps just dying while i’m driving…my car was running just fine until i got gas one morning and then started to sputter while i was driving and didn’t want to accelerate very well…read a multiple misfire code when my check engine light was on…changed the coil packs and now isn’t reading anything but now it takes a lot of cranks to get the car to start and while i am going down the road it will just die…normal engine dying lights will come on the dash when it dies…have changed the fuel filter…checked the catalytic convertor…checked plugs and wires…once in a while i do get a funny gas smell on the outside of my car but it’s not leaking anywhere…checked the battery and still does it with a new battery…changed the fuel pump about 3 years ago…any suggestions? i’m running out of ideas…

It sounds like maybe you got some bad gas. Have you tried adding something that evaporates water from the gas line, such as HEET? If that doesn’t do it, I would drain the fuel and lines and refill with fresh gas. In my experience though it is generally worth every penny to pay a shop to do that.

Year?
What codes were thrown?
Is the fuel pressure okay?

2002 I DONT KNOW THE CODE OFF HAND BUT IT WAS A MULTIPLE MISSFIRE CODE…WHEN WE CHANGED THE COIL PACKS THAT WENT AWAY SO ITS NOT HAVING ANY CODES NOW…IM NOT SURE ON THE FUEL PRESSURE HOW DO I CHECK THAT…THE CAR HAS ABOUT 5 GALLONS OF GAS IN IT NOW

Your cap lock is stuck on. It is hard to read.

It requires you get a gauge that plugs into a nipple (“service port”) on top of the fuel rail. It is supposed to be a specific number. You’ve replaced the fuel pump years ago but that may not mean the pressure is correct. It could be too low or too high and can cause problems like that.

Edit - Something like this is what you need to check fuel pressure:
http://www.harborfreight.com/master-fuel-injection-pressure-test-kit-97706.html
I’m not saying that it is the fuel pressure but if you work on your own cars, you occasionally need special tools to do it.

You’ve checked for vacuum leaks, I take it?

checking on the vacuum leak now i dont think so but were going to change the fuel pressure regualtor and see if that is causing the problem…

I wasn’t suggesting that your fuel pressure regulator is bad but to check the fuel pressure. Blindly suggest changing parts because that can get expensive and frustrating very quickly.
Good luck.