Cabin water leak 2010 Altima

The water will pool where you cannot see it… The sunroof drains are actually in the roof about an inch or 2 down from the actual top of the roof. The drains can hold a surprising amount of water actually. If you saw water dripping out of the wheel well then I think you found one of your drains…Look on the other side of the car and see if you have another… Make sure they are clean and clear/free flowing.

IF you go back to the dealer you may want to remove that windscreen/deflector so as not to get involved in any Bureaucratical-BS with them …they will try to wiggle out of this repair any way they can methinks…Don’t give them any ammunition…they just may use it against you…Know what we mean?

I think you can fix this yourself to be honest…find and clear out your drains… IN fact open the sunroof and look down inside… The sunroof is actually a self contained device…it has a drip edge/drain area around the perimeter…you should be able to figure it out by looking at the open sunroof from the top down…se what you can see… Perhaps there is some debris clogging the opening of the drain tubes…you will know what to do when you see them… Once you locate the beginning and ends of your drains…wash them out to be sure they are free flowing…once you have done this…Your issue will most likely be solved. Hope this helps.

Blackbird

Hi everyone-

I got my car back last Wednesday from the dealership. They said they could NOT find the leak, but that they think it is is in the drain gutters around the door. They replaced these and said that it should be no more trouble.

It’s raining here. We just got home from dinner. See attached.

I guess I’m at my wits end. If the dealer can figure out it out should I ask for a new car? There’s only 15K on this vehicle. I can’t keep taking the car to the shop every 3 weeks for them to tell me the same thing.

They have to be overlooking something. At this point I think you should contact Nissan at their regional office and ask them for help on this matter. Be polite with the regional office and ask if you can meet with their rep when he makes his next round at the dealership.

Most reps are not mechanics but they also want any problem resolved and their presence may prod someone into digging a bit deeper into the problem.

I’m not saying the following is the case here but there’s always the possibility that you may have been fed a placebo about the rain gutters and nothing was actually done at all. Trust me, this can happen.
If that repair was legit there should be a warranty claim on file at the regional office also.

It could be that a conversation with the rep could lead to your car being taken to a body shop and having the headliner removed and so on as to get to the bottom of this; with warranty covering it of course.

Of course, this is all predicated on the assumption that this problem is not caused by that wind guard or a door adjustment; the latter involving that dollar bill test I mentioned previously

OK- we have some news.

After taking the car back to the dealer for the third time, they agreed to take the headliner down around the pylon. Wait for it–

The sunroof drain had become separted at the junction.

It rained yesterday - no leak. I dont know why they didn’t look at this the first time. The point is, I think it’s fixed.

Thanks for everything everyone. Have a good holiday!

Thanks For The News, Good News.

They had the answer the entire time in the form of their manufacturer’s own TSB that I referenced on 11/19.
They owe you big time.

CSA