Bug Reports

when I type this I hear myself in the HAL voice from 2001, but I’m afraid I don’t know what you mean, @VOLVO_V70. You have spent enough time here that your trust level got bumped up again.

I and others think the 10 character requirement is silly. I just wondered if after a certain amount of time the system will allow less than 10 characters.

2 Likes

Last night I tried to use this forum on an iPhone, and let me tell you the mobile version of this system is a mess. I can’t give you specifics because I quickly gave up, but I recommend you have some of your people use the site on a mobile device, like a tablet or phone, because I’m not going to be the guinea pig.

+1

…and here are my other 8+ characters so I can post this. :wink:

I’ve had no problem on my iPhone. What’s it doing on yours?

Hey, you got to eat, right?

I have to rely on the mobile version daily, so I know there is room for improvement. I don’t know that we’ve identified all the same issues you have, so you can feel free to be specific.

A post was split to a new topic: Need help adapting car

Nevermind.

I wanted to follow Shadofax’s advice to get rei of the emails but I see neither my username at the upper right or a gear wheel. Mac Mini and Firefox.

I could probably learn a great deal from all the posts on this subject except I don’t know enough to understand what they are talking about.

As far as computer use goes I am still at the stage where I don’t know what a dipstick is.

1 Like

At the right hand top when you are logged on you will see a circle with the first initial of your screen name. Click on that and you will see your full screen name and the gear symbol, click the symbol. If all else fails send a personal message to Carolyn and ask you to change your settings.

Thanks, that works.

Can’t include a picture in a post like I used to.

Thanks, Keith. I’ll pass that along.

We seem to have fixed it.

I think it was a training issue. That symbol with the up arrow didn’t mean anything to me until I tried it. I have that drill, can I use that picture?

Ever since the black box/animated ad has appeared on this site, I have had problems even getting the site to load about 50% of the time.
Very often when I try to load the site, all I get is the skinny red banner at the top of the screen bearing the links for The Mechanics Files, Our Show, etc.
Other than the red banner, I just get a white screen.
Surely I can’t be the only one experiencing this problem of the site not wanting to load.

Additionally, I often get a very “delayed” effect when typing a message.
What I type might not appear on the screen for…perhaps…as long as 15 seconds.

Ditto @VDCdriver. I find the site very frustrating and almost unusable at times. I often have to keep reloading until I get pages to open or reload the home page and have another go at it.
CSA

1 Like

I too have a very delayed response time when I type, several seconds, but the letters I type don’t appear in the box. I can keep typing and whole words can get left out of my response.

Also when I’m typing the cursor disappears from the box from time to time.

1 Like