Air conditioner smells like dirty, stinky, feet!

I have a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country with almost 50K miles. Last year I paid the dealership $180 to get rid of the stinky smell coming through the air conditioner vents. The stench is back. Is there a better, cheaper remedy to rid the AC vents of this odor?

Usually the dealer or anyone will get it fixed the first time.

It likely is a blocked drain from the vents right in front of the windscreen. Leaves and stuff gets in there and molds and blocks the drain. A little compressed air or string trimmer line usually will clean it out, that followed by a Lysol spray (use the whole can spraying into that vent, with the vent fan on high) usually will take care of it. NOTE: don’t use too much air pressure of too vigorous use of the string trimmer line or you could do some damage.

The other one is the A/C drain itself. Same idea, but a different drain. Maybe the dealer cleaned the wrong one or just did not get it clean enough.

One last thing. If you have a cabin filter, be sure to replace it.

Agree with the above post. After clearing the drain, you can improve on the remaining smells by using such treatment as Wynn’s Fresh Air which is sprayed into the outside air intake with the engine running . This is done for both the A/C setting and the heater setting. At about $14 per can, I find it cost-effective, and use it once a year.