Volvos good or bad?

Volvos gained their reputation in the 50s and 60s for having tough, rust-resistant bodies, and near-indestructable engines. US cars were real rustbuckets at this time. By 1974 things stated falling apart, when high inflation in Sweden drove up the price and the newly introduced fuel injection and other advances all proved to be less than reliable. The 242, the square box on wheels, was the last Volvo worth the moeny in my opinion. A guy on my street has one in his driveway; he inherited it from an aunt (not sure what was in the will!)It still sits there rust free; not sure of the mechanical condition. Volvos still have good, safe bodies, and strong engines, but everthing else is sub-standard and very expensive to repair or replace. Where I live Volvo has changed into a status symbol for people with money who pull their noses up at BMWs. They usually are environmentalists. The fact that a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry is better in almost every repsect does not bother them; this group does no want to be confused by facts.

Volvos will still last forever if you keep putting enough money into them!!