2012 subaru outback stalling

My husband I purchased a 2012 Subaru Outback May 2012, we notice a hesitation when we first drove it and couple weeks later it started stalling out, now it stalls about every other day, we have noticed that ours is after a 15 to 20 minute stop and go traffic and then when your able to drive at normal speeds without stopping, and then stop it stalls out, we have rough idle and transmission acts like it is trying to shift but I know this isnt possible with a CVT transmission, so please if someone can help!! we have taken it to the dealer several times and they are being nasty about it and told us they werent working on it any longer. so where do we go from here?

You bought it in May and they say they won’t support it any more?
May I suggest you drive it through their showroom window to subsequently stick the key up the service manager’s bottom to get their attention???

Seriously:
Don’t follow my advice. While that may look like fun for about 10 minutes, the police will not agree.
They HAVE to fix it – It is a new car!! Sounds like you may need to look into the lemon law for your state.

The OP needs to open the glove compartment, take out the Owner’s Manual, and find the toll-free phone number for Subaru of America (SOA). Phone SOA, tell the company rep about the stalling problem, as well as the attitude of the dealership, and allow them to work their magic with the dealership.

The car is fully warrantied, and any authorized dealership has to work with you to resolve the issue. If the dealership’s mechanics are not competent to resolve the problem, then SOA can send their regional service representative to instruct the mechanics in what to do–which is probably just a re-flash of the software in the engine control module.

When you speak with the SOA rep, keep the conversation civil, but make sure you communicate that you are very serious about resolving the issue, including filing a Lemon Law complaint if the issue is not resolved promptly. That is what I did (in writing) for a friend who had similar problems with his Toyota. That resulted in Toyota sending both the regional service rep and a Japanese engineer to the dealership, where they personally worked on his Rav-4, and within about 3 hours they found and fixed the problem that had eluded the local mechanics on several previous visits.

If you make it clear to the SOA rep that you are going to do whatever is necessary to resolve this to your satisfaction, they will get the issue resolved for you.

Get everything in writing and keep all of your receipts. From now on make sure you get written documentation every time you interact with the dealer or Subaru HQ.

I had an issue with my 07 Subaru Impreza with the brake rotors being warped. The local dealership ground the rotors, and that helped for a few months, and the warping came back. They ground them again, and at that point I didn’t make it home and back without the shaking when breaking coming back. I ended up calling Subaru, and just explained the sequence of events and how it seemed to me the dealer ought to just replace the rotors already to get rid of the shaking and diminished breaking power.

I assume Subaru called the dealer, because they finally replaced the rotors after my call, and were suddenly very interested in whether I was happy with the service. So potentially just calling Subaru will get this sorted out on your next dealer visit.

Assuming there is not something special about this situation, then Subaru is responsible for making it right. As noted above, check out the owner’s manual. The manual should provide a contact point for these kind of problems.