Reasonable cost for 30K mile maintenance on 2010 Toyota Prius

I have never heard of a $211 “15k mile emissions service”, but this would make owning a car that requires this very expensive. I would guess it’s some kind of fuel system cleaning, in other words, bogus unless the car is running poorly. As for checking the air conditioning, you can do that yourself. Turn it on. Does it blow cold air? If so, it should be fine. If not, it needs work. Your tires probably didn’t need balanced as they tend to stay in balance unless something happens to them. Most people would notice a tire imbalance and take the car to a shop to have it resolved, so just rotating them should have been fine as long as it was needed. Personally, I rotate my tires when there is about 1/32" less tread on the front than on the rear to keep tire wear even. Wiper blades can be purchased for much less than you payed at Walmart and installed by you in about five minutes if you have never done them, less time if you have. If you don’t want to deal with that, you can buy them at Autozone or any other popular auto parts store for a couple dollars more than Walmart and have them install them for free. As for shop supplies fees, I am generally in agreement with these charges because they are legitimate, but I think they went overboard on this one. Nearly $40 in shop supplies for what amounts to an oil change, tire rotation, wiper blades, air filter replacement, and what is presumed to be a fuel system cleaning is kind of over the top.

Overall, I think you got taken for a ride on this one. No car, especially one that is supposed to be highly rated by various consumer publications, should (or even does) need $700 worth of scheduled maintenance at only 30k miles.