2004 Honda Odyssey Ignition problem

I have recently been having problems getting the ignition switch to turn. There seems to be a negative correlation to warmer weather (the warmer the weather, the more likely I will have a negative experience — and I will get the switch to turn only with some difficulty). When I have such a failure (in which the switch does not turn), I take the key out, wipe it off with my hand, flip it over and shove it back in. Sometimes this works with one try. Sometimes it takes multiple tries. My fear, of course, is that one of these times it will never work, and I will be stranded. I should add that I do have another key, and that I have had the same experience with this key. I don’t really want to spend hundredsof dollars on a new ignition switch… and I especially don’t if that is really not the problem. Thanks for any insight that might be provided…

Your ignition switch may be covered by a Honda recall. Go to this website and enter your VIN to see if your Odyssey has been recalled for a faulty switch: https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp

^

Accordion