93 Chevy pickup won't start, 350 V8

ok4450: thanks for the detail on jumping the pump terminal, and for the link. We do know that the new pump was working at some level. Before I got involved in this, my friend had opened the line somewhere near the fuel rail, probably not as safe as it should have been, and did get fuel supplied there. That of course is a crude measurement - we don’t know anything about the actual fuel pressure measurement. Cigroller’s advice was to get a fuel pressure gauge and post the readings, but I’ve not been able to connect with my friend today to pursue that, so we’re on hold, unfortunately.

So, IF a new fuel pump works, is it most likely putting out the proper pressure? Or could it be producing inadequate pressure? I presume it’s plausible that there’s a problem in the fuel line too restricting pressure, though he did replace the fuel filter. Would there be more than one fuel filter in the line? I gather from another recent post that injectors need a specific minimum pressure in order to operate, which makes sense. It may be a few days before we are able to investigate this further.

Thanks again for the help–Roadtripper