Why do drivers make things so difficult?

I couldn’t even begin to tell you what the mindset is of some drivers.
A few years back while stopping at Wal Mart one evening a middle aged lady who appeared to be looking for a parking spot passed me and several open parking spots. My thought was jeez, how close does she want to get. There are a couple of open ones about 5 or 6 spots down from the end nearest the doors.

When I came out 10 minutes later she was still circling the lot and as I left I noted she finally had an opening with someone backing out. This put her about 2 spaces from the end. This meant that this parking lot orbit had been going on for who knows how long; all just to gain 3 or 4 spots on the lot.

What really grates on me around here is when some farmer parks in the middle of the highway and carries on business. I’ve seen pickups parked on the highway while some farmer stands against a fence and counts heads on the cattle herd, parked in the middle of the highway with both doors open while mending a fence, and several times parked in the middle of the road and leaning against the fenders while chatting it up. More than once I’ve had to actually drive on the shoulder to get around and proving Darwin right is the only thing I can come up with to explain it. :slight_smile: