When Squirrels (or other rodents) eat your car's electrical wires

I also have an Acura TL 2005. A few years ago while still under warranty I noticed a warning light had appeared. I took it into the Acura dealer and they said that a mouse had crawled up from beneath the engine and chewed through a wire. I can’t remember what the wire was for. They replaced it with difficulty and a $470 bill! The service person told me that the original wire had a soy covering on it which attracted mice. He showed me the new package for the new wire. It had a picture of a rodent in a circle with a slash across it–rodent proof, in other words. I discussed the charge with the dealer and later sent a note to Acura who denied coverage by warranty even though I claimed that the car had been sold with a defective part. I lost. BTW, it was news to me that we had mice in our garage. So I had an exterminator check things out. He inspected and said you don’t have a mouse, you have a rat! He put out a large trap in our garage with peanut butter as bait. The rat was caught that night! We have had no problem since. I wish he had tried a soy product.