Check engine light-code said co2 sensor

I HAVE BEEN TOLD MY CEL CODE IS A CO2 SENSOR…SUGGESTED I HAVE IT REPLACED… MY QUESTION IS …HOW DO I KNOW IF IT IS A BAD SENSOR OR THERE IS ANOTHER PROBLEM CAUSING A CO2 PROBLEM THAT A GOOD SENSOR IS RECORDING? IF I HAVE THE SENSOR REPLACED COULD I THEN HAVE TO HAVE OTHER WORK DONE ONLY TO HAVE REPLACED A PROPERLY OPERATING SENSOR…

Please turn off your caps-lock key since no one wants to be SHOUTED AT!!!

You need to provide the very specific code that was read from the car’s computer, not what anyone told you about the code. The codes look like “P1234” - get the specific code and post it.

sorry… i was wrong it was an oxy sensor not a co2 sensor

Again, please provide us the code. Your truck has at least 2 oxygen sensors, and if it is a V6, 4 minimum. Each sensor has about 4 to 5 codes associated with them. The code can help us determine if it is a sensor issue or possibly something else.

My caps lock key doesn’t work. I disabled it in my system preferences. It took 10 seconds.

Thanks I will have the codes checked asap… and will try again… I am new to this so please forgive me if I am in error.

Automotive O2 sensors are misdiagnosed quite frequently so you’re doing the right thing by getting codes checked and other opinions.
Chain type auto parts stores will pull codes for you free although I think (?) that California and Hawaii have laws against it now.